Monday, August 14, 2006

Back At One.

































I never knew
I never knew that everything was falling through
That everyone I knew was waiting on a queue
To turn and run when all I needed was the truth
But that's how it's got to be
It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
I'd rather run the other way than stay and see
The smoke and who's still standing when it clears

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head

Over my head

My first timed run since I started re-training for the 5km "fun" run and I did 6km in 40 minutes. Or. 5km in 33 minutes. Not too shabby. If I keep working at it I might make it to under 30 before the end of September.

The family reunion was terrible. No really. It was. I ended up crying on the way home and then crying even more when I thought I may be changing into my crazy aunt. All because of my mean aunt. I guess it's not my fault that she can be so nasty sometimes. Nothing I say is right and nothing I do is correct. Everything I say she can argue. And her daughter is perfect. I've accomplished nothing and I'm going nowhere from nowhere. Fast.

I decided that next year I'm going to be busy. Too busy to be beat up.

I've got way too much on my plate right now and it's starting to bring me down. School, work, Big Sisters, new apartment, health checks, family gatherings, weddings, a bazillion forms and letters to fill out and write, 5km races... an un-mailed baby card that will probably never see the inside of a mailbox.

Is this what grown-up feels like?

0 pieces added to my puzzle:

Post a Comment

<< Home