Thursday, July 06, 2006

Get Over Yourself.
























So what am I not supposed to have an opinion
Should I be quiet just because Im a woman
Call me a bitch cos I speak whats on my mind
Guess its easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled

On the surface I've had one of those life-shattering, life-altering, oh-my-god weeks.

On the surface - I got fired, got in trouble at work for being neglectfull and scored 25% on a final exam.

On the surface.

But if you dug a little deeper you'd find that I was a million times LESS neglectful than the child's own parents (and absolutely no harm was done!), I was sacked... but only because the organization I work for is getting out of the home-care buisness... and yes the registrar's office does believe I scored 25% * ... contrary to the 85.5% the prof says I received **.

And none of this really matters, becuase I am on vacation, I was going to quit at the end of the summer anyway... and my professor is going to fix my little grade problem.

But still. I woke up at 7am this morning and tossed and turned until 9.30. 25%?? what if it was true?? what if I really did score that?? what kind of crack was I smoking that morning?

I knew that I had done worse than the midterm... but I had no idea it could have been that worse.

Thank goodness for false alarms. And thank goodness for that swift kick in the bum that reminded me that I can't infact be that fantastic at everything I do.

So, two and half days until this week is over and its already on the up. Who knew what started so torturous could maybe end up so grand?

* Note - that means the registrar wants me to beleive I deserve a big fat 70.
** Double-Note - just to rub salt in the wound, that makes a 91 in the course. Who knows anatomy now Dr. Partlow?!

0 pieces added to my puzzle:

Post a Comment

<< Home