Monday, June 19, 2006

Crazy In Love

















I need a lover to give me
The kind of love that will last always
I need somebody uplifting
To take me away babe...oh yeah yeah
I want a lover who knows me
Who understands how I feel inside
Someone to comfort and hold me
Through the long lonely nights
Till the dawn
Why don't you take me away

Dreamlover come rescue me
Take me up take me down
Take me anywhere you want to baby now
I need you so desperately
Won't you please come around
'Cause I wanna share forever with you baby

I don't want another pretender
To disillusion me one more time
Whispering words of forever
Playin with my mind

I need someone to hold on to
The kind of love that won't fly away
I just want someone to belong to
Everyday
Of my life
Always
So come and take me away

Dreamlover come rescue me
Take me up take me down
Take me anywhere you want to baby now
I need you so desperately
Won't you please come around
'Cause I wanna share forever with you baby

Why did disco ever die? Better yet, why am I the only one who seems to listen to it now? Is my iPod the only one this side of tacky country weddings to joyfully pump out McArthurs Park and Ring My Bell?

One day I am certain my pod will find another, just like itself and then the planets shall align.

The best episodeo of Bervely Hills 90210 was on this week.

Yes, I just said that.

I'm not sure which day, because I have been so uhh busy... yes busy... this week that I havn't had a chance to watch them the day of. It was the one where Dylan is over to work on Brandons car and Brenda comes home... wearing very short jean shorts. At which point Dylan rolls out from under the car and the camera pans up her gams. Then back to Dylan coyley smiling at her.

And teenage girls everywhere came in their pants.

At that very moment, then and now I wished I had a twin brother. With a hot friend. No wait, I just wished my brother was cool.

The episode continues with the three ("Bran", "Bren" and Dylan) chuming around town, going to movies, listening to the latest C&C Music Factory hits on Dylan's dad's kickin' stereo. Then, suddenly and out of no where poor Brandon comes down with the five minute flu. And poor Brenda is forced to go to the movies alone with Dylan McKay.

And teenage girls everywhere had heart palpatations.

For some reason, for which I can't remember, they don't go to the movie but instead back to Dylan's dad's house. Where in Dylan and his father have a screaming match about nothing in particular. Dylan tries to drink. Brenda screams "but your dirivng me home!". Dylan leaves in a huff. They end up in the lobby and Brenda screams for cab. Then Dylan screams for NO CAB! Then they have a lovers arm wrestle. And Dylan picks up a flower pot throws it with all his might and it shatters all over the sidewalk.

And the pieces scatter everywhere in slow motion. The dirt spewing forth like the passion out of Dylan's heart.

Okay so maybe I made that last part up.

And teenage girls everywhere were forever cursed to unconditionally love the bad boy.

It was at this point, on a Sunday afternoon, wearing my pink elephant pj's, sitting intently in my grandmum's lazy boy, that I suddenly found the answer I had been looking for. Somewhere in my impressionable youth my poor little puney brain had forever been warped by that episode. And as I watched it again, ten years later it played out like a bad memory. Had I forever been brainwashed by tv to forgive a bastard? Is this who taught me that dating a psychotic, drug abusing, alcoholic, slut of man with a violent temper was romantic?

Except my bastard never showed up the next day to make it up to me by making out and looking sexy.

It makes me wonder what watching all those episdoes of Jenny Jones with my mum did to my poor brain.

The saddest part of this tale is that I fell asleep last night dreaming of a lovers quaral with Robbie Williams after which he became even more infatuated with me and made hot pasionate love to me for days so we could forget all our troubles.

Anyone watch the first episode of Flavour of Love replayed yesterday? Priceless.

0 pieces added to my puzzle:

Post a Comment

<< Home