Thursday, January 08, 2009

Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo

I need peace and I need love,
I need all the things sent from above,
I need chocolate cake and lemon pie,
I need all the things that make me smile,
I want rain, and I want sunshine,
I want all the things sent from the sky
That put a smile upon my face,
And make this world a better place

When I’m feeling down, I think of
Simple things that help me get by…

Just when I thought nursing was a thankless job. Just when I thought I could never be a great nurse, a good nurse maybe, but never great.

I was asked to be the only nurse to accompany a family to Walt Disney World with Make-A-Wish.

Not only am I thrilled that I get to spend a week in DisneyWorld (getting paid too!) but I am even MORE thrilled that they picked me. Me? I'm good enough to go? Really?

Me?

And finally, all those times I was nice and got nothing in return. I was nice... and I got this. It just goes to show that you never know when something like this will happen. I was nice to this family because I can be. Because they deal with enough crap without some half-ass nurse coming in to care for their child. I was nice because its my job and because I wanted to. I'm nice to people all the time. Sometimes it gets me a little niceness in return. But this time it got me a whole lotta niceness.

I could have never offered to take a chance and insert that port-a-cath needle... but I was the only one that did. Now that tiny needle got me a trip to Florida.

I'm beaming.

0 pieces added to my puzzle:

Post a Comment

<< Home