Thursday, December 18, 2008

All I Want For Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth)

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.
Just like the ones I use to know.

I had a one day nervous breakdown 2 days ago. It began with a complete temper tantrum at 8am and was completed by me driving to the drug store at 3am to buy 2 trashy magazines and a pregnancy test.

Why did I think I was pregnant? I have no idea. Apparently, somewhere in that part of my brain that medication is supposed to control I thought that using 2 forms of birth control and the fact that I am not even expecting my period until next week meant that I was of course pregnant.

I am of course, not.

And not just because some stupid test told me. Because I got my period.

All week I have wanted nothing more than to go back to being 5. Not that being 5 was especially easy for me.

But being a grown up is so harder. Harder than I ever thought.

I don't want to be responsible, I don't want to pay bills, I don't want to have a job, I don't want to have to answer to anyone.

I want to stay in my pj's all day watching Christmas specials and eating junk food.

Without worrying about getting fat.

When do the good parts of being a grown-up start to outweigh the bad?

Maybe tomorrow.

0 pieces added to my puzzle:

Post a Comment

<< Home