Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Can't Be Tamed


She's not broken
She's just a baby
But her boyfriend's like a dad, just like a dad
Draw those flames that burn before him
Now he's gonna find a fight, gonna fool the bad


In the nursery I sometimes put in IV's, draw blood, gives needles... I reassure myself that the crying will stop, I can fix it with cuddles... and more importantly they won't ever remember. They won't remember my name, or my face, they will forget it all.

But how do I reassure myself when I had an 11 year old girl who has molested, tortured, violated beyond belief... when I had her held down by three men, had her face pushed into the bed so hard she panicked, when I tied her limbs to the bed, when I myself tied her shoulders in a knot and yanked her to the bed... when she screamed at me "you're going to choke me!"

But I did it anyway.

I pushed her down, tied her to the bed.

Until she broke.

Again.

She won't forget that, and she won't forget me.

0 pieces added to my puzzle:

Post a Comment

<< Home